Customized industrial production, typical of manufacturing or plant engineering companies, consists of the following phases:
3. planning of materials and productive resources,
4. procurement of materials,
5. internal and external production,
6. control of costs and margins and financial planning.
Unlike mass production, in production on order, the company produces only on specific request of the customer, to obtain a product tailored to the customer.
The companies that work with this type of production are distinguished by the simultaneous management of several orders. As a consequence, interdependence between all the resources involved and the need for a balance between the daily planning of activities and the medium and long-term strategic planning becomes necessary.
An essential element of order-based production is the budget that relates the initial and final phase of the planning of a contract: the estimate and the final balance.
The main problem is the difficulty of preparing realistic estimates and keeping agreed delivery terms. Companies need to monitor efficiency. This can be solved by adopting a tool for detecting data, balancing production costs and intervening in a timely manner in case of anomalies.
Many companies still use paper-based solutions that, in addition to absorbing a lot of work in terms of time and resources, show a large margin of error due to inconsistency in data.
The planning of production on order requires proper management of materials and resources, obtainable through a scheduling process and a specific registry of the resources involved in the project.
All the business needs describing above can be faced by adopting industrial production management software that allows production optimization.
Our DMP solution has innovative features that respond to the problems mentioned above, optimize the work of users and make the entire management of the order effective.
The Contractual Registry is one of these and acts as a trade union for all production orders belonging to the latter. This allows monitoring, in real time, and based on production progress:
• the status of the job order in terms of time taken with respect to the scheduled time,
• which resources (man, machine, equipment, etc.) have been used for the processing activities,
• as well as managing the movements of the materials collected and the items produced.
Our MES DMP software allows:
• reduce machine downtimes;
• adapt the prices of the articles produced;
• analyze production data quickly;
• correctly evaluate the progress of the contract;
• evaluate the commercial, economic and organizational aspects.
DMP is the MES (Manufacturing Execution System) software we have developed to help your company manage production. Want more information?